Ozone has been used in the drinking water plants since 1906. First industrial ozonation plant was built in Nice, France. Use of ozone in drinking water treatment ensures safe and high-quality water. Besides disinfection, Ozone removes color and odor from the water.
- Ozone is a powerful disinfectant. Kills all microorganisms such as bacteria, virus, algae, fungus, etc., present in the water
- Removes colour and odour from water
- Removes toxic substances
- Oxidizes metals and other dissolved chemicals ensuring safe water for drinking
- No harmful tri halomethane formation
- Ozone breaks down to Oxygen – no harmful residue behind